Friday, January 25, 2013

Morning Ice

     We woke this morning to the sound of rain coming down and freezing on everything.  Even though this was predicted on the weather sight, it was still on the weird side since ice is something we have not had to deal with much since moving to Tennessee back in the '80s.  Fortunately I already had MORE than enough hours in that I didn't have to worry about driving 40 miles into town just to make sure I didn't have a short check!  Not having to travel ended up being a good thing since when I went out to see how slick it was, I fell on my ample posterior and SLID about 20 feet downhill on the gravel driveway and only stopped when I slid into the side of the car.  So.....today has ended up sitting inside by the wood stove keeping warm and knowing that when I try to get out of bed in the morning, I WILL feel the effects of my curiosity!  (By the way....it WAS slick out there!)

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Yet down in the Boro there was nothing. SO happy for you two with your great announcement in your last post. I'll bet that feels wonderful.

Mike and Susie said...

Congrats!....I think you are the first person to ever reply to our blog! The ice has melted here and from what I gather, there wasn't really any in Cookeville either so I'm sure my "boss" thinks I was laying out of work. Thanks also for the comment about having the farm paid off. I don't think it has really soaked into us yet with all the crud we have been dealing with family wise but I'm sure as soon as the deed gets sent to us the realization with hit like a ton of bricks!