Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Discovery


During the time our youngest grand daughter was hospitalized, Susie and I were able to care for our other 2 grand kids here at the farm. One of the nice things about being out here instead of in the "city" is discovering weird critters! I have to admit that when they found this thing, I didn't have a clue what this was. We were able to do a little investigation and found that this is actually the caterpillar for the Luna moth. The Luna moths are one of the summer times great pleasures for me. I don't remember ever seeing them growing up in Illinois and the first time we saw one down here I kinda freaked out! They are a BEAUTIFUL large green moth with cool wings that love to fly around our windows at night. One of these days I will attempt to get a picture of one and post it. Until then, just imagine this flying around gracefully!

No comments: