Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter With An Attitude!


Now I will be the first to admit that in comparison to the weather that our family has been subjected to "up North", what we have been dealing with can't really compare! BUT....for us folks in Tennessee, this cold snap is rather out of the norm, especially after the past few winters that we've had. I mean, I kinda liked not wearing a coat all winter! But not this year! We have been in the freezer now since before Christmas and it's taking it's toll on me. We have worked on our "interesting" water system 3 of the past 4 weekends and haven't been able to get out into the woods to cut firewood yet. So far, the water is running very well....hasn't frozen (well....just once but that was MY fault!)....and even though the wood pile is getting rather sparse, the stove has kept us warm. In my own defense, I know that I've gotten rather "soft" after 21 years down here, but I do remember being the one that walked everywhere in Champaign regardless of the weather or the temperature. Shoot, I can remember sitting in a snowbank outside Baskin Robbins eating a banana split and enjoying an ice cold Mountain Dew while watching the "cold people" walk by at the mall. Sometimes I wonder if I was tougher back in those days, or just not as bright as I am now!

No comments: