Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weird Spring!


To say that "life" has continued to be weird around here would be a gross understatement! Part of the reason there is sooooo much time between blog postings goes back once again to the old adage of if you don't have anything nice (or positive) to say then don't say anything! Well.... with that in mind I probably should just post a picture and not write much because it's been pretty un-positive. While we have graciously been spared the death and devastation the weather has been dealing out to areas like Joplin and Tuscaloosa, we have had our share of weather issues. Here we are almost into June and Susie and I are JUST now getting into the garden to turn ground and plant. With a 40 mile drive to work each day, I try to keep my eyes open for every one's gardening progress and I must say that I am seeing very, very few gardens that have been planted or even worked up so I guess it's not just us. (Somehow I find very little comfort in that!) As far as the Pima cotton progress goes after planting close to 300 plants, I THINK we have 30+ that have survived and they look really bad! At this rate, IF we get a harvest, we may be able to make "his and hers" matching Q tips.

As you can see from the picture, we are already dealing with "nasties " which is really out of the norm since we usually don't have to worry about these bad boys till in the fall! I've already scored one rattler and one copperhead so far and Susie has one copperhead under her belt so far as well. It's getting to the point you don't venture through the door unless you scan the ground FIRST!

No comments: